Friday, October 14, 2011

Let's Make Some Acorns, Y'all!

Inspired by my recent new find...acorn caps! Time for some A-corny creations:) Here are two crafts made from felting wool then gluing them into acorn caps.

Here I used the felted acorns to decorate a paper wreath made for my sister, Myrna's birthday. The wreath was made from paper leaves cut outs, then creased to create a more leafy texture, and after glued to a styrofoam ring. The acorns were added to the fall mix. 


I’m thinking you could also use them for gift tags, napkin rings or adornments for glass jars.


And finally, this nature-meets-fashion necklace is a great accessory for the season. So cute!



The acorns can be made in an assortment of earthy and fall colors and would be wonderful for a woodsy, acorn-and-leaf, fall motif.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put this necklace on your blog. I want to spend some time with you learning more how to do this. I want to make a teddy bear and a pumpkin! :))))))) Thanks for blessing my day! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shari Winterstein

    Thanks, glad I could teach you a bit and looking forward to create some more together.

    ReplyDelete