Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bit in Watercolor


For my water color class, my professor asked us to paint three water location studies. One at dawn, midday, and dusk. I decided to pick one of my favorite locations in Coast Mesa, Noguchi Gardens. Its a secret sculpture garden just a couple blocks from South Coast Plaza, located behind TGI Fridays and the Comerica Bank Building. Its a perfect place to relax and enjoy the engaging sculptures.




For the paintings, I used Shinhan Premium Water colors and a variety of sable and synthetic brushes. Watercolor can be a bit tricky but quite enjoyable.

Mid day around 12 noon
Around dusk, 7pm
In the morning about 7am

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely Christine. Are you going to frame them? Love and hugs - Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shari Winterstein

    I do want to! They are pretty large though. So maybe just one. Perhaps Grandpa can help:)

    ReplyDelete