Sunday, December 25, 2011

This Christmas...And Coming Year

Our Peruvian Christmas tree! Can you spot the llamas?
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have been enjoying the holiday season and its many celebrations. I have been blessed with family, friends, health, warmth, and yes – some truly wonderful gifts, including some new running shoes:) With 2011 quickly coming to an end, I’ve been thinking a lot about the many blessings the Lord has granted in this past year and about the exciting adventures He has this upcoming year. I can only be grateful and humbled.
  
This December concluded my years of college education.  It’s been a very unique, challenging, and exciting past 5 and a half years. I'm thrilled to be done and looking forward to what the Lord has ahead. 

This new year is a great time to reset your internal clocks, re-calibrate your settings, and re-chart your course. There’s something encouraging and natural about using a fresh calendar page to make new goals in your life, which is why new year’s resolutions are so popular. While I’m not one for new year’s resolutions, I am dedicated to redirection and goal settings, and it seems appropriate this year to set some for the new year.

This January I will be serving in Baja California as an English preschool teacher for one of the missionaries in Tijuana. The preschool will be starting this coming year with hopes of providing an outlet for outreach. I'm excited and nervous, but know the Lord is in control of this journey! Your prayers are greatly anticipated! Once again, Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year from What's New Bird!

1 comment:

  1. CHRISTmas blessings Christine. I am so happy for you as you look forward to next year and where the Lord will be leading you. Will be praying for you while you will be in Baja California. I missed seeing all of you yesterday and church! Such a beautiful tree. Blessings and much love - Gramma

    ReplyDelete