Saturday, September 10, 2011

So Sweet and Yummy

My beautiful friend is having a baby girl! Nothing says "made with love" than something handmade!   Here is an easy and oh, so cute gift idea for your next baby shower - a Cupcake Onesie!
I purchased the plain white onesies at Target and began cutting the color felt into a basic cupcake shape. Once the pieces were cut, I used a small amount of craft glue to hold the image in place while I sewed around the cupcake. You can use a variety of different stitches to add flavor to your cupcake;) I used the blanket stitch and basic straight stitch for mine.
 The bear was made with wool roving using a felting needle. Here is a quick time lapse tutorial on needle felting a bunnyI found to be useful and fascinating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ycwVZ4GOE&feature=related

wrapped up and ready to go!

1 comment: